- July 11, 2019 - Consulation on advocay standards in social security
- June 21, 2019 - Experiences of Side Effects of Mental Health Medication: Peer Research Report
- June 3, 2019 - Recruitment – Advocacy Workers
- May 30, 2019 - June 2019 Newsletter/What’s On from AdvoCard and Edinburgh Community Voices
- May 28, 2019 - Read our response to the Scottish Government Disability Benefits Consultation
AdvoCard is a service user-led, independent advocacy organisation. Our services are primarily for people with experience of mental ill-health in Edinburgh. We provide opportunities for people to participate more effectively in decisions that affect all aspects of their lives.
- Individual advocacy – trained volunteers and paid workers assist people around the wide range of issues that affect their lives. AdvoCard has offices serving both community-based service users, as well as hospital inpatients.
- Collective advocacy – AdvoCard supports groups of people who use mental health services. The group members support each other, as well as campaigning on common issues.
- Find an advocate, or advocacy group
- Learn about advocacy
- Apply now to become a volunteer advocacy worker
Have you used our services recently? Please consider giving some feedback.