- January 22, 2021 - MAT Standards Consultation Workshop. The Scottish Drug Death Task Force along with the Scottish Drug Forum and Public Health Scotland are holding workshops for people with lived/living experience to feedback and contribute to the MAT Standards. If you have any questions contact Scott on 554 5307 – see link below for more details and to book.
- January 6, 2021 - PSU Collective Advocacy – Stigma Conversation – We are bringing together people who wish to share their story and discuss how Advocacy can help raise awareness of the negative impact of stigma. Click below for details.
- December 17, 2020 - Launch of Report: COVID-19, the Restrictions and Changes to Services: the Experiences and Views of People in Edinburgh with Lived Experience of Mental Health Issues
- December 16, 2020 - PSU Collective Advocacy December Newsletter
- December 7, 2020 - Volunteers needed
AdvoCard is a service user-led, independent advocacy organisation. Our services are primarily for people with experience of mental ill-health or problematic substance use in Edinburgh. We provide opportunities for people to participate more effectively in decisions that affect all aspects of their lives.
- Individual advocacy – trained volunteers and paid workers assist people around the wide range of issues that affect their lives. AdvoCard has offices serving both community-based service users, as well as hospital inpatients.
- Collective advocacy – AdvoCard supports groups of people who use mental health services. The group members support each other, as well as campaigning on common issues.
- Find an advocate, or advocacy group
- Learn about advocacy
- Apply now to become a volunteer advocacy worker
Have you used our services recently? Please consider giving some feedback.